Thursday, November 1, 2012

Well I Was Told to Blog

Yes. I was. So hello world. I have entered the BlogSpace. I'm sure that's not what they call it- even if it is, I am notorious for making up terms about, well, everything. So -not sure if I'm supposed to introduce myself in this or what. If I could sum up my life on a sticky note it would be....Pretty much what it is on my Twitter page: "Loves Jesus, screenwriting/songwriting (4 public brdcst), Kayaking, and Christian music. Was told I was more than meets the eye. Isaiah 41:10. Psalm 27:8,144:1" so let's not re-invent the wheel. If you'd like to follow me there, feel free to do so. https://twitter.com/drdickson1    I also have a YouTube channel that was just recently born My YouTube Page

Okay - enough about me. The reason for why I have entered BlogSpace...the final frontier, is so that I can share fun and inspiring ideas, stories, skits, movies, plot lines, and/or whatever else decides to jump out at me to blog about. Since my life on a sticky note states I love Jesus, expect some of the blogs to be Christian, or 'religious' or whatever terminology you subscribe to.

So, I don't know. Maybe I'll post some of my song lyrics one day, and a log line for one of my movie ideas the next.  I am known to be a creature of habit, but sometimes unpredictable. Not in the Willy Wonka sense of the word, but, indeed, even I sometimes don't expect the funny things that fly out of my mouth before my mind catches up with me.

Two paragraphs back I said 'enough about me' and here I am, not finished telling my story. Expect that too. I have been called "quirky" "the exception" "That's Deb" and a number of other names I'd rather leave off of TheBlogSpace. But my humor is usually on the dry side, engulfed in cultural references to television, music or movies ranging anywhere from the late 1800's to approximately 2008 when I went hardcore at studying science and lost sight of the entertainment world.

Did I really mean "lost sight?"....Oh yeah, and sometimes I question myself in text. I think it's funny. Personalities that I wouldn't be afraid to equate/associate mine to/with would be Lucille Ball (yes, from back then) Laurel of Laurel and Hardy, however, sometimes I can have a serious edge and go all Jack Shephard from Lost. Amanda Bynes is another close personality to mine. At least how she was in the Disney shows and movies she has been in. I always thought I looked kind of like Gwenyth Paltrow. ...I'm really only naming these figures so my blog gets hits on Google. Ha ha! Kidding! Because I don't even know if it works that way or not. Baby blogger here.

Here's a story - and then I'm done for my first blog.
I used to own the Spiderman 2 video game on the original XBOX. I won several levels and I was sure I was the nicest Spidey character ever played, because anyone who has played the game knows that just when you get to fighting off 6 muggers, and a truckload of bank thieves, that's when you hear that all-too-un-ignorable sound. A child's voice. "I lost my ballooooon!" And yes. I was the Spidey who ALWAYS stopped what I was doing to go climb a building and get it for the little tyke.
Well - all that said, the XBOX Spiderman 2 from the Tobey Macguire series of Spiderman movies was a scaled version of the real Manhattan Island. Guess what? When my family vacationed there on a whim's notice, the first thing we did was duck into a Holiday Inn (more tagged words to get views ;-) ) get a street map, and I instantaneously became the navigator of that trip from day 1 to finish.

Yep. I knew you would find that pretty sweet. Hadn't lived in New York a day in my life, but I found out all those lost balloons weren't a waste. We saw Lady Liberty, Fifth Avenue, Macy's, Central Park, the Empire State Building and most of it was on foot. That is a trip I will never forget.

I guess that is all for tonight. Let's see how this uploads. Good night, America....and the World Wide Blog Space.

~ Debbie D. (or sometimes DD, or Facebook DJ) 


2 comments:

  1. Love the Spidey story! Looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Glad I could entertain someone. :)

    ReplyDelete